The Meso Foundation has released a new version of its web page about the Meet the Mesothelioma Experts live broadcast series, which makes the recordings of this educational series user-friendly and easier to access.
Each recording is now listed with a photo of the speaker, the title of the session, and a brief description of the topic of discussion. Users can select the recording they want to listen to, which will lead them to a user-friendly audio player accompanied by a more in-depth description of the session and speaker.
The Meet the Mesothelioma Experts series is a live teleconference with the goal of providing patients, their family members, and other interested parties with the most up-to-date information on mesothelioma treatment and research, directly from the physicians pioneering these advances. After the live teleconference, each session is available as a podcast for users to listen to on the Meso Foundation website. Past podcasts have featured:
- Dr. Lee Krug, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Dr. Dan Sterman, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Raffit Hassan, National Cancer Institute
- Dr. Julie Brahmer, Johns Hopkins
- Dr. Tobias Peikert, Mayo Clinic
- Dr. Joseph Friedberg, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Valerie Rusch, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Melissa Culligan, RN, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Evan Alley, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Joanna C. Horobin, Verastem, Inc.
The topics of past sessions have included immunotherapy, gene therapy, drugs, clinical trials, and biomarkers. Topics are discussed through an informal interview, focusing on questions important to patients in particular. Listeners are encouraged to ask questions while listening to the call.
To view the newly released web page and listen to past Meet the Mesothelioma Experts podcasts, visit curemeso.org/experts.