September 26th, Meso Awareness Day, will be here in a little over one month, and with that, the Meso Foundation and its volunteers are busy organizing events and planning various activities to help us get the word out about the need for research and to raise funds for research and patient services.
If you would like to attend any of these events, please contact the Foundation for more information.
If you plan on joining us in New York, here is the plan:
- Thursday, September 26 at 5:30 AM | Rockefeller Plaza: we will be meeting in Rockefeller Plaza to raise awareness at the Today show.
- Friday, September 27 at 9 AM | Conference: join us at the regional conference on malignant mesothelioma at the Harvard Club in New York City. More information and registration form are available on our website.
Other awareness activities include:
- Ask your representative to attend the Meso Foundation’s Congressional briefing on mesothelioma. We will provide you with an action alert once Congress is close to being back in session.
- Have a flag flown over Capitol Hill to honor your loved one.
- Make Meso Awareness Day an official day in your city or state. Click here for instructions!
- Contact your local media (newspapers, radio) to let them know about Meso Awareness Day and about mesothelioma. Ask them to do a story on you/your family and/or ask them to cover your event. Click here to view our Talking Points.