It doesn’t seem that long ago that we were all in Washington D.C., coming together for the 2012 Symposium. After such a successful and inspirational event, what does the Meso Foundation plan for next?
How about a one-day event on the week of Mesothelioma Awareness Day? That is exactly what we plan!
On September 28, 2012, on the heels of Mesothelioma Awareness Day, the Meso Foundation (with a generous educational grant from Levy Phillips & Konigsberg, LLP) will proudly present “Malignant Mesothelioma: Knowledge Is Hope.” This is a one-day conference in New York City, NY, focusing on patients, families, doctors, and anyone wanting to understand more about malignant mesothelioma. It’s a jam-packed day-long agenda includes:
- A return to the Plaza for raising awareness during the Today show
- Sessions on standard treatments, ongoing research, complementary therapy, environmental/occupational exposure risk, and legal implications
- Morning presentations featuring Lee Krug, MD; Marc Ladanyi, MD; Harvey Pass, MD; Kenneth Rosenzweig, MD followed by a questions and answers panel
- Afternoon presentations by Garrett Nash, MD; Robert Taub, MD; Mary Hesdorffer, NP; Kathleen Wesa, MD; Jacqueline Moline, MD; and Robert Komitor, Esq.
- Musical entertainment by Leon Pendarvis, musical director of Saturday Night Live
- …and much more.
“Knowledge Is Hope” brings top experts in mesothelioma from the New York area to the Harvard Club of New York City, located on 35 West 44th Street, New York, for a day of education and awareness. This event promises to be a day of information, a day of science and research, and a day of discussions over the recent advances in mesothelioma treatment.
Registration is $25 per person (includes all sessions, breakfast and lunch). Register by clicking here or by calling the Meso Foundation at (703) 879-3797. Registration fees will be donated back to the Meso Foundation. Availability is limited. You must register before our deadline of September 10.
Knowledge is hope. Join us for this incredible day in New York City.