Every September 26th and the days leading up to it, the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation, its community and allies, place extra focus on raising awareness of this cancer, the obstacles to research into life-saving treatments, and the lives of those affected and their families. This year’s campaign once again centers around painting the world blue in mesothelioma awareness. As we don our favorite blues, our goal is twofold:
For the general public:
- Our goal is to provide information about prevention of mesothelioma
- Our goal is to bring attention to the desperate need for effective treatments faced by mesothelioma patients
For mesothelioma patients and their families, and everyone affected by this cancer:
- Our goal is to raise awareness of programs available to patients and families facing treatment
- Our goal is to raise awareness of recent treatment advances and work in the pipeline
Here is how you can help raise awareness:
- Paint the world blue in mesothelioma awareness: Leading up to Mesothelioma Awareness Day, wear blue, ask your family, friends, and work colleagues to wear blue, and TAKE PHOTOS! Share those photos on social media explaining why it is important to you to raise awareness, and send the photos to us so we can post them on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Purchase blue tshirts on our website, or wear anything blue that you own. Get creative!
- Share infographics, facts, important information, and other posts that we will share on our Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram. You can find us at www.facebook.com/curemeso, www.twitter.com/curemeso, www.instagram.com/mesofoundation/.
- Add a Mesothelioma Awareness frame to your Facebook profile picture. Visit our Facebook page to learn more.
- Join us on Rockefeller Plaza the morning of September 26 to participate in the audience of the Today Show, and help us raise awareness nationally. Those who choose to attend this free event will be provided with blue shirts and pre-printed Cure Meso signs. So we bring enough signs and tshirts for everyone, please RSVP to the event by completing the below form.