We are pleased to announce our second annual campaign to choose the recipient of the 2015 June Breit and Jocelyn Farrar Outstanding Nurse Award.
If you know a nursing professional who fits the following criteria, click the link below to submit a nomination. Simply fill out the short nomination form and tell us how the nurse has positively impacted you or your loved ones.
The award will be given to a nursing professional who:
- Positively impacted you or your loved ones throughout your fight with mesothelioma
- Demonstrates a professional, positive, and caring attitude
- Is passionate and goes above and beyond to care for patients and families
- Ensures patients and families are informed and included during the care process
- Is thoughtful and compassionate in every situation
- Makes an impactful difference in the lives of patients and family members
- No georgraphic restrictions apply. We accept nominations from within the United States, as well as anywhere else in the world.
All nominations must be submitted by January 14, 2015!
PLEASE NOTE: Nominations for Mary Hesdorffer, NP, the executive director of the Meso Foundation, will not be accepted. Mary does not wish to be nominated, and thusly is not eligible to receive this award.
With the June Breit and Jocelyn Farrar Outstanding Nurse Award, we wish to honor an individual in the nursing profession who exhibits an optimistic, determined, and generous spirit reflective of both June and Jocelyn. To learn more about June Breit and Jocelyn Farrar, visit curemeso.org/nurseaward.
The June Breit and Jocelyn Farrar Outstanding Nurse Award will be presented at the Meso Foundation’s Awards Dinner on March 2, 2015 as part of the foundation’s International Symposium on Malignant Mesothelioma. The Symposium will be held from March 2nd through 4th in the Washington, DC metro region. For more details, visit our Symposium page.