The bill seeks to “accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of life saving and life improving therapies, and transforms the quest for faster cures by:
- Removing barriers to increased research collaboration;
- Incorporating the patient perspective into the drug development and regulatory review process.
- Measuring success and identifying diseases earlier through personalized medicine.
- Modernizing clinical trials.
- Removing regulatory uncertainty for the development of new medical apps
- Providing new incentives for the development of drugs for rare diseases.
- Helping the entire biomedical ecosystem coordinate more efficiently to find faster cures.
- Investing in 21st century science and next generation investigators.”
More information about the bill is available at http://energycommerce.house.gov/cures.