Mesothelioma Awareness Day is just around the corner on September 26th! Established by Meso Foundation volunteers in 2004, Meso Awareness Day has been the driving force behind the movement to bring more attention and funding to this cancer. In the last ten years, through various activities, the Meso Foundation and its volunteers have been able to obtain “National Mesothelioma Awareness Day” proclamations by both the U. S. Senate and the House of Representatives, have raised nearly a million dollars, have received local government proclamations in their states and localities, and have received dozens of instances of media coverage for their stories, events, and activities.
In 2014, help us continue this trend. There are a number of ways that you can get involved, such as:
• GOVERNMENT: Make Mesothelioma Awareness Day an official day in the states and cities where this hasn’t yet happened.
• MEDIA COVERAGE: Contact your local media to obtain coverage of Meso Awareness Day in your area.
• GENERAL AWARENESS: Use your social media networks to bring attention to mesothelioma and to educate your friends, families, and communities about our mission to eradicate mesothelioma and end the suffering caused by this cancer.
• CONFERENCE: Join the Meso Foundation at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia for a regional conference with experts in the field of mesothelioma. The conference will take place on Friday, September 26 at The Hub, Cira Centre located at 2929 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104.
• TODAY SHOW: If you are in the New York are, join Meso Foundation volunteers as they again gather at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City for the Today Show on the morning of Friday, September 26. RSVP NOW. Check out the video below from Meso Awareness Day 2012!
More information about Mesothelioma Awareness Day is available on our website at curemeso.org/awarenessday.